So when I give the disposable cameras to my dyslexic students I need to be asking them questions so they can answer them by photographing the answer. This is linking to the visual advantage that I learnt in my symposium research about dyslexia having an advantage in some key areas. From thinking about my experience at university I have decided on four areas to prompt them to photograph, which will not mislead them but will help them to think about their experience.
1) Take four photographs that show how you felt coming to university with dyslexia.
2) Take four photographs that show how you feel now about your progress on the course.
3) Take four photographs that show how your dyslexia is beneficial.
4) Get a friend to take four photographs that represent you in education.
5) Get a close friend or family member to take four photographs that show you in your social life.
So when I do my trial run on myself I will see if these work well or if I need to change anything.